- Defending a Foreclosure Action in Kings County [Brooklyn], New York
- Defending a Foreclosure Action in Queens County, New York
- Defending a Foreclosure Action in New York County [Manhattan], New York
- Defending a Foreclosure Action in The Bronx County, New York
- Defending a Foreclosure Action in Richmond County [Staten Island], New York
- Defending a Foreclosure Action in Nassau County, New York
- Defending a Foreclosure Action in Suffolk County, New York
- Defending a Foreclosure Action in Westchester County, New York
- Defending a Foreclosure Action in Rockland County, New York
- Defending a Foreclosure Action in Orange County, New York
- Defending a Foreclosure Action in 52 Upstate New York Counties
Defending a Foreclosure Action in Nassau County, New York - Attorney Carl E. Person - 212-307-4444
6 Rules for Saving Your Home from Foreclosure and Sale
Here are six rules I urge you to consider when you have been served with a summons and complaint in a foreclosure action in any of the 62 Counties in New York State:
- You must answer the complaint on a timely basis (usually within 20 days after service, but let your lawyer determine this for you); also, you are better served if you retain an attorney shortly after you receive a Notice of Intent to Foreclosure (which is required under New York law
to be served at least 90 days prior to commencement of a foreclosure action).
- You need an experienced mortgage foreclosure defense attorney to give yourself the best defense;
- Even if you owe all of the money claimed, you can still have legitimate defenses to the foreclosure action - New York law protects homeowners, but only if you act promptly;
- Conferencing in a foreclosure action should be understood and closely followed by you, because this court-mandated conferencing is your best opportunity for saving your property, but only if you understand and use the conferencing period, and make sure you do not lose your conferencing rights by non-appearance or by failure to provide information.
- You have a much better chance of saving your property from foreclosure if you act in accordance with the first four points above; and
- For your information, New York State is the best state of all 50 states for homeowner protection during mortgage foreclosure actions. Take advantage of these protections. Call me to find out some of these protections and to discuss your situation. Also, you might want to look at some of my 100+ YouTube videos on defending foreclosure actions. A description of these videos with links is available at My 100+ Videos on Foreclosure Defense.
Free eBooklet (273 pages) HOW TO GET RID OF YOUR UNWANTED DEBT (Rev. 5/14) by attorney Carl E. Person
If you are now facing a foreclosure action in any of the 62 Counties of New York State, I will email you a free copy of my 273-page eBooklet entitled "How to Get Rid of Your Unwanted Debt". The eBooklet covers home mortgage debt, credit card debt, student loan debt, and IRS debt. To see the table of contents, click on Table of Contents.
The eBooklet should give you some good information about how to eliminate some or all of your debt. I should add, however, that the section on mortgages deals with saving your mortgaged home from foreclosure instead of trying to have your loan declared unenforceable (something which rarely happens).
To get your free copy, just call me at 212-307-4444 and tell me about the foreclosure action you are now facing, assuming you do not already have an attorney. Too many homeowners fail to hire an attorney to protect their rights, and lose their home as a result. Whether or not you already have an attorney, I'll email you a copy of my eBooklet.
Please include the ZIP Code for the location of your property (and the ZIP Code included in the MERS or Mortgage Electronic Registration Systems, Inc. database of mortgaged properties (owned by MERSCORP Holdings, Inc., owned and controlled by the major banks) , which should be one of the following for Queens, New York: 11001, 11003, 11010, 11020, 11021, 11023, 11024, 11025, 11030, 11040, 11041, 11042, 11043, 11044, 11050, 11051, 11052, 11053, 11054, 11055, 11096, 11099, 11501, 11507, 11509, 11510, 11514, 11516, 11518, 11520, 11530, 11535, 11536, 11542, 11545, 11548, 11549, 11753, 11756, 11758, 11762, 11765, 11771, 11773, 11774, 11783, 11791, 11793, 11797, 11801, 11803, 11804, 11815, 11819, 11853, 11854 and 11855.
Call me and I'll email you instructions (using your ZIP Code) for finding out if the mortgage note for your mortgaged property purports to be registered with MERS, which is a bank-owned stock exchange for residential mortgages. Incidentally, if you have a second mortgage, the owner of the note may not be the same as the owner of your first mortgage note because of securitization rules for risk distribution which do not permit a securitized pool (with a major bank as Trustee) to own more than one mortgage note from a given ZIP Code.
Name, Location and Telephone No. of Supreme Court for Nassau County
Nassau County Supreme Court
100 Supreme Court Drive
Mineola, NY 11501
Nassau County Supreme Court
262 Old Country Road
Mineola, NY 11501
Nassau County Supreme Court
252 Old Country Road
Mineola, NY 11501-4261
Other court locations for Nassau County may be available at NYS Website to Look Up Court Addresses in NYS.
Telephone Number for Clerk of Nassau County Supreme Court: 516-493-3400 (100 Supreme Court Drive) and 516-493-3600 (252 and 262 Old Country Road).
Pending Foreclosures in Nassau, New York and Foreclosure Trends
Communities and neighborhoods in Nassau County:
Nassau County is divided into 2 cities (Glen Cove and Long Beach) and 3 towns (Hempstead, North Hempstead and Oyster Bay). Within these 5 political subdivisions there are 64 incorporated villages and more than 100 unincorporated areas. The 64 incorporated villages are listed at the end of this page. Source:
Population of Nassau County: 1,352,146 (est. 7/13); land area: 287 square miles. Sources: FactBook.org and Wikipedia
The number of pending foreclosures in Nassau County as of October, 2013 was 1 in every 964 mortgaged properties, according to statistics compiled by foreclosures.com. See Number of Pending Foreclosures in Nassau County and Foreclosure Trends by RealtyTrac
Foreclosure proceedings in NYS as of the end of 2013 are 1 for every 2,141 mortgaged properties. The 5 NY counties with the highest foreclosure rate are:
- Putnam County, 1 in every 353 mortgaged properties;
- Rockland County, 1 in every 811 mortgaged properties;
- Orleans County, 1 in every 875 mortgaged properties;
- Columbia County, 1 in every 909 mortgaged properties; and
- Nassau County, 1 in every 964 mortgaged properties.
How You Can Fight Foreclosures in Nassau County
Foreclosures result more from extended wrongful conduct of lenders than any comparable wrongdoing by homeowners. Meaningful reform needs to begin at home, in the towns, village, municipality and hamlet, where concerned citizens can organize and change the rules, to create a better economy for themselves.
In any of the 62 "Cities" in New York State voters have the right to enact laws directly, and should do so. The 62 "cities" are listed at List of 62 Cities in NYS My www.voterslaws.com website provides examples of "ballot initiatives" for creating change in the laws of NYC. There are some changes in law that can be expected to result in an improved economy for voters and other residents of any city in New York State. If you live in a "city" and were an elected executive or legislator in your city, what laws would you like to enact? You can do this through a ballot initiative (see Voterlaws.Com for Local Ballot Initiatives in New York for examples of local statutes that can be enacted by voters directly in city elections). Also, New York Home Rule Law permits voters in each County to participate in making amendments to the county Charter.
If you believe that we need changes, you might want to hitch up with the local Libertarian Party, at:
Or, email Gary Donoyan at firstname.lastname@example.org or Blay Tarnoff at email@example.com to join the county chapter.
Additional Website for Attorney Carl Person:
For the c.v. (resume) of Attorney Carl E. Person, click on Carl Person C.V.
Carl E. Person, Attorney at Law
225 E. 36th Street - Suite 3A
New York NY 10016-3664
Call me at 212-307-4444 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and then follow up with a call to 212-307-4444.
The 64 incorporated villages in Nassau County:
Hempstead, Town of (516) 489-5000
- Atlantic Beach, Village of (516) 371-4600
- Bellerose, Village of (516) 354-1000
- Cedarhurst, Village of (516) 295-5770
- East Rockaway, Village of (516) 887-6300
- Floral Park, Village of (516) 326-6300
- Freeport, Village of (516) 377-2200
- Garden City, Village of (516) 742-5800
- Hempstead, Village of (516) 489-3400
- Hewlett Bay Park, Village of (516) 295-1400
- Hewlett Harbor, Village of (516) 374-3806
- Hewlett Neck, Village of (516) 295-1400
- Island Park, Village of (516) 431-0600
- Lawrence, Village of (516) 239-4600
- Lynbrook, Village of (516) 599-8300
- Malverne, Village of (516) 599-1200
- Mineola, Village of (516) 746-0750
- New Hyde Park, Village of (516) 354-0022
- Rockville Centre, Village of (516) 678-9300
- South Floral Park, Village of (516) 352-8047
- Stewart Manor, Village of (516) 354-1800
- Valley Stream, Village of (516) 825-4200
- Woodsburgh, Village of (516) 295-1400
North Hempstead, Town of (516) 627-0590
- Baxter Estates, Village of (516) 767-0096
- East Hills, Village of (516) 621-4251
- East Williston, Village of (516) 746-0782
- Flower Hill, Village of (516) 627-2253
- Great Neck, Village of (516) 482-0019
- Great Neck Estates, Village of (516) 482-8283
- Great Neck Plaza, Village of (516) 482-4500
- Kensington, Village of (516) 482-4409
- Kings Point, Village of (516) 482-7872
- Lake Success, Village of (516) 482-4411
- Manorhaven, Village of (516) 883-7000
- Munsey Park, Village of (516) 365-7790
- North Hills, Village of (516) 627-3451
- Old Westbury, Village of (516) 626-0800
- Plandome, Village of (516) 627-1748
- Plandome Heights, Village of (516) 627-1136
- Plandome Manor, Village of (516) 627-3701
- Port Washington North, Village of (516) 883-5900
- Roslyn, Village of (516) 621-1961
- Roslyn Estates, Village of (516) 621-3541
- Roslyn Harbor, Village of (516) 621-0368
- Russell Gardens, Village of (516) 482-8246
- Saddle Rock, Village of (516) 482-9400
- Sands Point, Village of (516) 883-3044
- Thomaston, Village of (516) 482-3110
- Westbury, Village of (516) 334-1700
- Williston Park, Village of (516) 746-2193
Oyster Bay, Town of (516) 624-6100
- Bayville, Village of (516) 628-1439
- Brookville, Village of (516) 626-1792
- Centre Island, Village of (516) 922-0606
- Cove Neck, Village of (516) 922-1885
- Farmingdale, Village of (516) 249-0093
- Lattingtown, Village of (516) 676-6920
- Laurel Hollow, Village of (516) 692-8826
- Massapequa Park, Village of (516) 798-0244
- Matinecock, Village of (516) 671-7790
- Mill Neck, Village of (516) 922-6722
- Muttontown, Village of (516) 364-3476
- Old Brookville, Village of (516) 671-4664
- Oyster Bay Cove, Village of (516) 922-1016
- Sea Cliff, Village of (516) 671-0080
- Upper Brookville, Village of (516) 624-7715
Copyright © 2007-2008, 2014 by Carl E. Person